Wednesday 17 August 2011

Still Here

Argh, why am I so good at being inconsistent??? Probably because I havn't had a lot to write about. Am still job hunting. No luck yet but will keep trying.

I'm trying to create hobbies to fill my time. I've just started the NHS Couch to 5K program, and am 2/3 of the way through week 1. My mum very kindly bought me a new pair of running shoes as my old ones were literally falling apart and had to be thrown away, and I bought myself some proper running kit so now I feel vaguely like a real runner. I have to get up early in the morning and run though as I'm still self conscious about it (I went at 6am this morning), but I guess in a few weeks I'll get used to it and then I can start challenging myself to go in busier times.

I went to salsa last week as well. My friend cancelled on me again (she didn't want to go to the actual lesson just the freestyle afterwards and was making everything very awkward so in the end she just decided to give it a miss), but I still went and had a good time :) I'm going again tonight, provided I'm not utterly exhausted from getting up early today.

Nothing much else to say I'm afraid :s thanks for reading :)

edit

totally forgot to mention that I'm volunteering at the London Vegan Festival this Sunday. It's a pretty big event with people from all over the country travelling to it. I'm getting there in the morning to help set up and then I'm stewarding for 2 hours after that. I'm not too nervous about it yet (am actually looking forward to it a tiny bit). The organiser sent out a list of all the people volunteering and info about what you'll be doing and for some reason I find it really reassuring to see my name written down in a specific box for a specific duty. Takes some of the uncertainty out of the day I suppose. Anyway it's going to be a big challenge for me, but I thought that by getting there early to help set up before loads of people got there I could ease myself into it rather than arriving in the middle of the day and walking into a room full of hundreds of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment