Sunday 22 April 2012

Moving On (and some pictures)

Well it’s almost time for me to move on to my next wwoof placement.  My first impressions of this place were spot on – I’ve loved every minute of it here.   I’m leaving tomorrow, and it almost feels like I’m going to be leaving home all over again, I’ve been that comfortable here.  I’ve experienced so many new things here, like spotting wild dolphins at the beach after work and learning to dance tango.  We were joined by a French boy 2 weeks after I arrived and a few days ago another girl arrived, so it’s been really nice to have the company of other wwoofers unlike at my previous hosts.  I’ve ended up spending a lot of time with and getting on really well with the german boy.  I don’t think a day has gone by since I’ve been here that we haven’t laughed our heads off over something. 

My host has even said to me that I am welcome to come back any time and stay long term (anything up to a year).  I was extremely tempted by his offer, and who knows, maybe I will take it up later on, but for now I think I really need to keep on the move and continue pushing myself into new situations and meeting new people.  Not that I haven’t benefited from staying somewhere for a longer period of time, because I really have.  I’ve learned a lot about the type of person I want to be and made a start at actually becoming that person.  I’d say I’ve developed a better work ethic from being here and am much more appreciative of a good nights sleep at the end of a hard days work.  I’ve realised that I have an incredibly dry sense of humor and that I’m actually quite a good cook.

Until today I haven’t been all that anxious about moving on to my next placement.  I’m feeling a bit tense now though.  I know it’s going to be a big challenge for me at the new place; it’s a 36 acre farm with regular volunteer days where members of the community all come and lend a hand.  So I’m expecting to be surrounded by people non stop there.

Here's a few pictures from the past month that do a little to explain why I'm so reluctant to leave this place ...







No comments:

Post a Comment