Sunday 12 December 2010

Feeling Liberated

I went on a run with one of my housemates (let's call her E.) this morning. We were running along the canal and I was getting pretty warm, and I commented that it would be so good to just go for a swim in the canal right now. It was just a passing comment and I wasn't expecting anything to come of it, but E. was like "ahh we should so just jump into the canal". I was rather sceptical at first, seeing as it was only a few days ago that the canal was completely frozen over! We spent about 5 minutes debating whether to or not, in between fits of giggles, but in the end we actually did it! Granted it was only for a few seconds but it was such a liberating experience; I was on a high for hours afterwards. It's been so long since I've done anything like that; just acted on impulse and not worried about the consequences or what anyone thought of me. I want this to be how I live my life; carefree and spontaneous :) The only thing holding me back is social anxiety.

Anyway I just wanted to share this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment