Thursday 30 December 2010

I don’t really have anything specific to write about, as I haven’t been up to much recently, but I want to get into the habit of writing more so here I am. Lucky you eh?

I haven’t left the house for days – actually I think Christmas morning was the last time I went out. I’ve just been at home trying to revise but not really getting much done.

The one person I feel like I can call a friend at home is in France this year for part of her degree and was only home for about 3 days so I didn’t get to see her. I texted her to see if she wanted to meet up after Christmas but she told me she was flying back straight after Christmas. At least I made the effort of contacting her instead of waiting for her to get in touch with me *pats self on back*. And she did seem genuinely disappointed that we wouldn’t get to see each other; she even said I should come and visit her in France. I almost managed to convince myself she only said this to be polite, but I managed to stop those thoughts before they got out of hand.

I have a feeling I’m going to be spending New Years Eve alone. My parents are going to some friends just up the road from us, and my sister is going clubbing with one of her friends. I’m not invited to the former as its just an adult thing and I really don’t fancy going clubbing. I’m not quite sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I’m already making up stories to tell my friends when they ask me what I did on New Years Eve so I don’t have to tell them I spent it at home by myself. On the other, it can’t be that weird spending New Years Eve alone, can it? I’m sure plenty of people do it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment