Tuesday 28 December 2010

Social anxiety is ruining my relationship. Yesterday I got a text from my boyfriend saying something along the lines of "I think we need to talk about you and me", and he phoned me up last night. He basically told me that he's been miserable because I never go round to see him anymore, he always has to come to mine, and he feels that I'm not making an effort with him. After a lot of tears on my part and prompting from him, I managed to tell him that the thought of going to his and having to see and talk to his friends is just too terrifying for me right now. To be honest I don't think I explained it that well; I'm not the best at talking about my feelings face to face let alone over the phone, but at least he understands a bit better now why I've been so avoidant. I think he just thought I was being lazy and couldn't be bothered to make the effort to see him. And honestly I think I managed to convince myself that that was the reason I've been acting like I have; I'd rather of thing of myself as lazy and selfish than having this huge anxiety problem. How messed up is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment