Sunday 3 April 2011

update

Phew. Term ended on Friday. Finally!! I spent the whole of last week trying to finish writing my 6000 word lab report, I stayed up all night on Thursday in the library finishing it and didn't get any sleep. I managed to get it done in the end; it was very very poor but at least I got it handed in. I went out to dinner on Friday night with 3 of my housemates to celebrate the end of term. After that we went to a bar to meet up with my other housemate and some of her friends. That part I did not enjoy. I could barely hear what anyone was saying as the music was so loud and because of that I always worry that other people can't hear what I'm saying (that it if I do actually say anything), so I play safe by giving the shortest answers possible. Also one of the people in our group was someone I've never been able to talk to and I have no idea why as he's a perfectly nice person and has never said anything horrible about me (and isn't the type to do so either). It was a good night anyway apart from the bar part.

My parents can't come and pick me up for a while so I'm going to be staying at uni for at least another week. It's probably for the best; this way I can use the library and get a head start on revision for the summer exams. There's just two of us left in the house now so it's going to be a very quiet week.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie. Congrats for the report. 6000 words is a lot and you should be proud on that no matter what grade you get.

    Well I also hated to go out to bars because the music was always to loud. I couldn't really hear what my friends were saying so I acted like I enjoy the music and ignored them or I tried to give short answers just like you. So I actually avoided conversations because I was afraid that I won't hear them and that I will say something that has nothing to do with their question.

    I wish you a great week,

    Andrej

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting your report finished, that's a lot of words to write!

    ReplyDelete