Sunday 17 July 2011

Salsa Dancing

I'm meeting up with the friend I mentioned in my last post tonight. We're going to a salsa night at a local bar. I used to go to salsa classes regularly when I was 17/18 and in my first term of uni, and I absolutely loved it and had gotten pretty good, but for some reason I stopped going. I havn't been for about two years now so I'm very rusty and very nervous. The friend I'm going with used to come to some of the classes with me and she continued doing it at uni and has entered into loads of dancing competitions so she's basically a pro and I can't help but feel a bit jealous because I know that's what I could have been if I had just persevered.

The last time I went salsa dancing with her and another friend (who had never done any salsa before), the two of them were getting asked to dance every five seconds while I could count on one hand the number of times I was asked. I tend to give off "stay away" vibes so I can only presume that was the reason why. I'll have to try and work on that tonight.

wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melanie,

    I think it's great that you're going dancing! Those stay away vibes can really be felt. Do your best to just have on a pleasant face and make a little eye contact and smile at cute guys even for a split second.

    Go in there knowing you're going to have a great time and you will! I'm jealous- have a great time honey :)

    ReplyDelete