Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

After all that worry about being on my own on New Years Eve, I ended up doing something after all, though nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid. My sisters plans fell through so the two of us ended up going out for dinner. Our original plan was to go to a bar after we had eaten to see in the new year, but that didn't happen in the end. We wandered around town a bit to see where was open but none of the bars/pubs are terribly appealing so we just went home instead and watched the london fireworks on TV :)

This year I'm not making any new years resolutions as such. Personally I never stick to them so instead I'm going to try something a little bit different. Each month I'm going to try and pick up a new habit or break an old one. I've started another blog to keep track of it all which I was originally going to keep private but then decided otherwise. I'll probably have a better chance of sticking with it if I think people might be reading it. Anyway this months challenge is to try and do some form of exercise every day. Here's the link : http://30daysof.blogspot.com/

I'd like to make some positive, optimistic comment about how this year's going to be the year for me and how everything's going to change, but, quite frankly, I'm terrified about the coming year. I have a feeling this one's going to be the hardest yet :/

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say, "Happy New Year." I think your new blog idea is great. I hope the exercise experiment is going well. Don't push yourself too hard, too fast!

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, Happy New Year to you too :)
    Haha, no need to worry about me pushing myself too hard, it hasn't been going very well in the last few days i'm afraid. Moving back to uni and revision have been getting in the way. I'm hoping now I'm settled back at uni I can get more into it.

    ReplyDelete