Monday 21 March 2011

Moving Out

I'm so nervous right now. I've arranged to speak on the phone to a potential landlord for after uni. I came across an advert for a house on gumtree.com; it's owned by a vegan couple who are moving away and want to rent it to other vegans. I saw it a few days ago and thought it looked amazing but wasn't really seriously considering it, but then I mentioned it to my housemates and they talked me into it. One of my housemates helped me write an email to them and now we've arranged for her to give me a ring this evening to talk about it and to arrange to meet up and see the house :S

Urgh I feel sick just thinking about this. Weirdly the phone call terrifies me more than the prospect of actually meeting up with them. I'm worried they'll ask me loads of awkward questions that I won't be able to answer, and that I won't be what they're looking for but they'll arrange to meet up anyway just to be polite.

Before I saw this house I was just thinking I could go back home to my parents and stay there for a few months until I get the confidence to move out for good. It sounds like a good plan on paper but I can easily see myself getting into a rut and not moving out again for years. And I don't want that so it's probably better I get this moving out thing out of the way.

Oh god I really don't want to do this phone call. I suppose at least she's calling me and not the other way around.

I wish I could go back in time and stop Alexander Graham Bell from inventing this horrible horrible device.

2 comments:

  1. I really feel your pain. It is so strange that meeting someone in person, is easier than talking on the phone? But it sounds like such a cool place. But make sure it is what you want to do. I understand your fear of moving back in at home, but for me its truly the best place for me right now. I have an incredible and supportive family, who are doing anything they can to help me get better. But they allow me to take control over my treatment plan. I simply just don't have the money to live elsewhere, but I don't even want to until I know for sure where I want to be. Just do what you want to do, and whatever is the best scenario for you and for getting better. I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel - I hope it all went well. I hate phones too, especially the one that sits on my desk at work!! When I got myself back on my feet after a major bout of depression years ago I ended up moving to Wales on my own, which was probably like 350 miles away from my parents. It was a big step but it did do wonders for my confidence & anxiety. I enjoyed the independence & it just pushed me along a little in life. Just follow your heart, you'll do fine on whatever path you choose :)

    ReplyDelete