Tuesday 15 November 2011

First Driving Lesson

I have my first ever driving lesson in a few hours and I'm getting nervous. I'm not entirely sure whether I'm more worried about the actual driving than the fact I'll be sitting in a car with a total stranger for an hour and half. Well not a total stranger; I did meet him for about 30 seconds the other day and he seemed okay. He is giving lessons to one of our neighbour's sons and he popped over to our house to say hello after he was done there.

I was never interested in learning to drive when I turned 17. Had my parents brought it up I would have been perfectly happy to learn, but I never had a burning desire to learn to drive like some people do. I suppose part of that was because I never really went out anywhere anyway so it wasn't like I needed a way of getting around places. I think my parents were waiting for me to being up the subject because they weren't going to fork out money for driving lessons if I wasn't really interested in it (which was fair enough I suppose). But now I kind of wish I had just gotten it out of the way when I was 17, because it does limit what I can do and where I can go. For example when applying for jobs I can't apply anywhere that doesn't have good public transport links or to anywhere where I might have to stay really late.

I imagine I'll be concentrating so much on driving that I won't have the brain power to be anxious and drive at the same time. Let's ope so anyway! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment