Wednesday 2 November 2011

Toilets and Tea Breaks

I've been feeling better for the last few weeks. I think the therapy is starting to sink into my brain. Also the fact that I'm doing this book-keeping course is giving me something to focus on and getting me out of the house at least 3 times a week. It doesn’t involve much human contact but I have to say hi to the receptionist and answer her “how are you today”s, which I’m fairly comfortable with. It’s a bit like being back at school and I’ve noticed similar issues have been coming up. For one, the first few times I went in I was too embarrassed to get up and go to the toilet so I just waited until I was done with my work to go. I got over that fairly quickly though, it doesn’t bother me anymore. There’s a small kitchen at this place, where you can go and make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and take it back to your desk or you can sit on the sofas and have a break. I haven’t found the courage to use it yet. I think I’m just worried that someone will be in there and I’ll have to make conversation with them. Tomorrow I’m going to push myself and get up halfway through and make a cup of coffee even if I don’t want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment