Saturday 12 February 2011

So yesterdays meeting with the tutor was both good and bad. He told me that I was basically going to end up with a third class degree and that it will be almost impossible for me to get higher than that now. Obviously I'm annoyed at myself. I'm trying hard not to think that the last three years have been a total waste of time if all I'm going to get out of it is a third. And it's very disheartening when all my housemates are getting 2:1's and firsts, and are miserable if they ever get anything less for a piece of work. I'm so sick of being the low achiever out of my friends when I know I'm just as intelligent as them. I just need to be doing something that I actually enjoy otherwise I just cannot motivate myself to work, I've never been able to. And I know there's more to life/intelligence than academic achievement but I havn't done anything else with my life or ever developed other skills that might come in handy.

On a more positive note I went for a run this morning :) I was a little apprehensive as I was trying out my new vibram fivefingers for the first time. If you've never heard of them here's a link : http://www.vibrams.co.uk/ I can't be bothered to explain what they're all about here :P
Anyway as I said I was a little apprehensive as, let's be honest, they look quirky at best. But there weren't too many people around as I went at 7am, so it was fine. I need to be more consistent with my runs - I'll go for a week being really good and then not do anything for the next 3 :s

So I think today I'm going to head into town and pick up a few bits and bobs and then maybe go to the library for a few hours and get those grades up!

3 comments:

  1. I love the vibram's, but I stopped wearing them for a bit and my feet aren't conditioned anymore to fit in them. They scrunch up my little pinky toe, but other than that, I love how they grip the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah my little toe was feeling a little bruised after my run :S I'm hoping they'll start to mold to my feet the more I wear them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes my toes tingle thinking about them 8p

    ReplyDelete