Friday 4 February 2011

just a quickie ...

This is going to be a quick post as i'm going out to a club with my housemates soon (something which I havn't done for months and am pretty anxious about). So sorry in advance for any grammatical/spelling errors!

I didn't go through with the presentation in the end. It had gotten to the night before and I still hadn't started practising and hadn't even finished writing it yet so I had a little cry on the phone to my parents and then wrote an email to my lecturer telling him I couldn't do it. Actually my dad wrote the email for me as I was in too much of a state to write anything myself :s

At the moment the relief is still outweighing the disappointment with my self - give it a few days and i'm sure the self-loathing will kick in.

Urgh I don't really want to go clubbing but it's been so long since I've done something outside my comfort zone. Ever since I stopped drinking over a year ago (blimey I can't believe it's been that long!), clubbing and going out to bars has become something that's both anxiety provoking and to be honest slightly boring for me now. And the two friends I'm going with are both the ones who get the drink the most (now that I don't drink anymore!). Ah well, at least they play a bit of cheesy pop at the place we're going :)


edit : aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh quick update - I just rang for a taxi!!!!! I've never ever done that before :D always been too scared. I'll probably be on a high for the rest of the night now :D who needs alcohol anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great weekend and the clubbing went ok? I could never do that!! You are brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey :)
    yeah clubbing was really good actually, I'm very glad I went :) It's taken a few years to feel comfortable dancing in clubs but I think I'm finally there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's cool :) That's a step in the right direction! Can't get much more of a social scene than a nightclub!

    ReplyDelete