Sunday 25 September 2011

25/9/2011

There were 10 people at the support group on Thursday. 10!!!!! Actually there were 11 at one point because someone came in late. So yeah, a bit of a leap from having 3 or 4 people there each week. It was a bit of a shock when I got there to be honest! I was expecting maybe 6 people, 8 at most! Once the initial shock wore off though, it was pretty good. First we had to all go round saying our name and introducing ourselves, and I messed up my introduction a bit :/ I said my name and how many times I’d been coming and then kind of trailed off ... It was OK though, I just laughed it off and said “I don’t know what else to say!”. Anyway then we paired off and told the person next to us about ourselves and our experiences with SA etc. So most of it was just talking to the person next to us which wasn’t too intimidating.

My Sister started uni yesterday – my parents drove her all the way and stayed overnight in a B and B because it’s quite a way away and they didn’t fancy driving there and back in one day. It didn’t hit me that she was actually going until she got in the car and they started to drive off. It’s going to be very lonely now that she’s gone. But I have a feeling she’s going to be popping back pretty often to visit her boyfriend and, by extension, us so I’ll probably be seeing her in a few weeks anyway.

Also I have an interview on Tuesday for a temp data entry job. There’s a typing test involved so if I don’t do well in the speaking part I might be able to make up for it in that. I'm getting to a point where I'm just desperate to earn some money so I'm going to try and focus on that rather than all the things that could go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment