Monday 9 January 2012

Last Day at Work

When I wake up tomorrow, I will officially be unemployed again. I’m not particularly looking forward to it but I’m a lot more optimistic about it this time around. I suppose the fact that I have money to actually DO things helps slightly.

After work tonight, we all (about 30 of us) stayed at the rink and went ice skating and drank all the leftover alcohol in the cafe. All through my shift tonight I was trying to figure out what excuse I was going to use to get out of staying, but when it came to it, I didn’t really feel like going home. And it wasn’t too bad in the end; there were a few moments when I was standing around on my own but it wasn’t really a big deal – I’d just go and have a skate or get a drink. We went to the pub for half an hour afterwards as well. I ended up sitting in the corner, (I had put my drink down to go to the toilet and when I got back there was only one seat left!), but I was sat next to a girl I’ve chatted to a bit before so it could have been worse. After that everyone moved on to another pub; I actually found myself wanting to go as well but I had to get the last train home so couldn’t.

I met up with my uni friends today before work :) I was meant to be seeing them last night but it didn't work out (long story, too long to type here!), so instead they came to see me for lunch today. It was really nice to see them again - I only wish we could have had a bit longer to catch up as they only came for about 4 hours.

So I had quite a sociable day today. And after working a 13 hour shift yesterday I'm now completely exhausted. I'm looking forward to some time to myself tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment