Wednesday 4 January 2012

A New Year

Happy New Year readers :) I know I'm a few days late, but I haven't really had a chance to post yet - I've been working and today we went to visit one of my old schoolfriend and her family down at their new house in the country. It was a nice day out. I was hoping for a bit of traipsing round the countryside though which didn't happen, it's probably still a bit too cold for that.

I've had a bit of a think about what I want out of this year. I don't think I'm going to focus too much on finding a career/high flying job because I'm not particularly interested in that yet. Mainly I just want to work on myself and finally doing the things I've always wanted to do.

So here is my list of things I want out of 2012 :

- I want to take a bit of time out and volunteer on an organic farm. I'm in the processing of emailing places asking about spaces at the moment so hopefully something will come up soon.

- I want to travel around Europe, mainly Germany and Italy seeing as those are the two languages I want to master.

- I want to find some hobbies (solitary or social, it doesn't really matter).

- I want to finish my CBT group and continue attending different SA support groups in London.

- I want to move out of home. Not sure how realistic this one is, but I'd like to think I'll be out of my parent's house for good by the end of the year.

I'm sure there'll be more things that crop up, but that's my preliminary list. It feels good to have some concrete goals I want to accomplish this year rather than just the usual "I want to get healthy" and "I want to overcome my SA".

No comments:

Post a Comment