Monday 9 January 2012

Tears and CBT

I cried in this evenings CBT group. We were going around the room saying things that were coming up/bothering us at the moment and I was the last person. I didn't really know what I was going to say, but I ended up talking about how I felt like I could only make a certain amount of progress with my SA while living at home and how my mum doesn't understand that I need/want to focus on gaining confidence and work on my issues before I get a "proper" job. It didn't come out very eloquently, and I was sniffing and wiping away tears while talking but it felt good to let it out.

I feel like I've spent the whole of today crying - probably because I have. This morning I was in my room filling out an application form for residential volunteering with the RSPB and my mum came in and looked over my shoulder and asked what I was doing. I told her and she put on a really disappointed face and told me that I was wasting my time applying for volunteering and that I need to make it a priority to look for a real job, and that by the time she was my age she had already been working for 5 years and blah blah blah. I tried defending myself but she wasn't hearing any of it - it really upset me and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. It had barely been 12 hours since my job at the ice rink finished, and she was already going on at me again. And again tonight, with 5 minutes before she was going to drive me to the station so I could get the train to the CBT group, she went mental because I left a plate out after eating, and didn't come down and clear it away a split second after she told me to. So then she flat out refused to take me to the station so I had to walk (it took about 20 minutes and I was crying all the way) so I ended up being half an hour late for the group. Reading it back it sounds like such a silly thing to cry over but this type of thing happens every day with her, so it's bound to build up and make me frustrated and upset.

I don't know how much more I can take of this. I may have to take moving out of home out from the bottom of my list of things to do in 2012 and put it right up there at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment