Saturday 14 January 2012

More Presentation and a Job Interview

I'm struggling with this speech. I know I shouldn't be. The panic comes and goes in waves. Once second I'm perfectly rational and I know that it's not really a big deal and it doesn't matter if the content is crap because the only reason we're doing it is to get comfortable talking in front of people. Then the next I'm panicking because I think my topic is rubbish (I've pretty much settled on doing 'My 5 Favourite Foods', it's not great I know but I literally can't think of anything else) and I haven't got a clue what to say and because I'm convinced everyone's going to think I'm a vacuous idiot with nothing interesting to talk about other than what food I like.

Oh and to add to the pressure, I now have a job interview on Monday (the same day as the group, actually only 3 hours before it!). It's for a low level office/sales position with an organic vegetarian food company. I don't think the job itself is anything to shout about but it's in an industry I'm really interested in. I can't afford to be too picky anyway, I'm pretty much desperate for any job just so I can afford to move out of home.

Urgh I can't wait for Monday to be over. But at the same time I never want it to come :/

1 comment:

  1. congrats on getting the job interview - they are hard to come by around these parts! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. also for the speech. i had trouble in school one time trying to come up with a topic and my professor said to write about something i can't not think about ... something to think about, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete